"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Perfection

So I have a new favorite podcast that I listen to.  It's called Music with a Message on mormonchannel.org.

I LOVE it!!!!!

It starts the day perfectly.

I was listening this morning to an episode called Jesus Christ - Friend.  

During the podcast, the narrator quoted the Savior in Mathew 5:48 when he said to "strive to be perfect".  The narrator also said that in the Greek from which it was translated, the term perfect means: fully developed, to become finished as to our individual potential, and to have completed the course God has set forth for us to follow.

Thank you!

I love that definition of perfect.

It's so personal and individualized.  I mean, I'm someone who is happy with perfection.  I strive for it and like when people notice the perfection that I've created.  Not that I'm perfect or everything that I do is perfect, by any means, but perfection really comforts me.  Wherever it is or whoever created it, I appreciate the effort and skill it takes and can really relax in perfection.

But emotionally, I've been told so many times in anger that I'm so perfect, that it starts to make me feel like I'm doing something wrong.  Last year when I started to see a counselor, she referred me to Brene Brown's website: ordinarycourage.com.  She works a lot with perfection and since then, I've been trying hard not to think about my actions.  I've been trying to do what comes naturally instead of second guessing everything and thinking that my intuition is always wrong.

Hearing the definition of perfection from the podcast this morning really topped everything that I've been thinking about.  Emotional perfection is you living up to your potential.

Thank you!

It was a testimony building moment and I wanted to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment