"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm So Proud

I decided that I wanted to increase my talents by working on my crafting skills.  I figured that half of my family can do it, so I should have some ability deep down that I could work to the surface.  Also, I need to save money so I figured that I could save money by creating instead of heading to Target ;)

First on my list was a new wreath for the front door.
I found an awesome wreath on YouTube that I could make for almost nothing and didn't seem too difficult for my first time.  The Novel Wreath video was VERY helpful!

Two things that I learned through this process:
1- always remember where you initially find the idea so that it's easy to find it again
2- don't let hot glue drip from the gun to your fingers.


Here's the finished product:

Here's what I did:
1. I cut strips from an old t-shirt and wrapped it around a grapevine wreath that had seen better days.
2. Then I used an old catalog, ripped out three sheets, stacked them together, cut them into 4ths, and cut each 4th into a spiral.
3. I used hot glue to attach the spirals together and then to glue them to the wreath.
That's it!
It only took me about 36 hours, 6 catalogs, and $4.00

I have a few people to thank for the success of my first project:
My little sister Carrie- Thank you for letting me use your glue gun
My cousin and roommate Maryn- Thank you for letting me take over the ottoman for the week
My friends and family for their support and encouragement

No comments:

Post a Comment