"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Friday, December 23, 2011

Someone To Vent To

I have a hard time opening up to people.

There was a girl in high school who asked me if I ever have any problems.  I have tons, I just don't like to share them with just anyone.  And I usually choose which problems to share with certain people.  I don't give anyone just anything and I don't give certain people specific things.

I need to know that you have similar problems before I share mine, and if we don't have that thing in common, you won't hear me talk about it.  Unless it's in passing and not a true reveal.  I'm careful how and what and with who (or is it with whom?) I share.

One of the reasons for this blog was to force myself to open up.  What better way to open up if not the false anonymity of the internet?

I'm really annoyed right now.  Like, really.  My tendency is to blame myself, but I'm also trying not to do that any more either.

It's not my fault.

It will all work out in the end.  It really isn't that big of a deal in the big scheme of things.  However, is it too much to ask for someone to put me first? That's really selfish, but I feel like we all need that every once in a while.

Someone that uses everything they have to please you. Someone that puts you first.  Thinks of your feelings first. Considers you before themselves.

Not all the time.  Not every day.  Not just one person.  Just an occasional, "I knew you would need me today" or "you asked and here I am" or "I thought you might need . . ."

Everyone is human and maybe today is just one of those days where everyone is needing everyone.

I have a close family that loves me and friends that care about me.  I'm not lonely or sad or longing, just really annoyed right now.  I'm sure I'll be over it in a few hours.

P.S. Does anyone want to fund my dog's knee surgery?  Poor puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment