"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Monday, December 26, 2011

Nailed It

I haven't taken any pictures for proof of my accomplishments, but I am proud to say that I did actually complete some DIY stuff I pinned on Pinterest.  I spend a lot of time pinning things and one of my resolutions is to make those things happen instead of wish online about them.

So, I made chocolate covered potato chips for my sister.  She's pregnant and totally craving chocolate and chips.  I didn't get the chocolate quite melted enough to squeeze through the bag the way I wanted, but the chips got mixed with melted chocolate and even though they looked a little creepy, they totally tasted great!

I also have a long white skirt that I got from Target for $5.  It's an OK skirt, but I saw how someone had dip-dyed their old skirt and I've been planning on doing it myself for a few months.  I did it this afternoon!  It's in the washer right now, but so far, so good!!!

I've also been loving the glitter tipped nail polish on top of dark nail polish.  I already had a dark purple color that I could use, but thanks to a Christmas gift, I totally pulled off the fancy nail polish that I've been pinning!

I'm so proud!

Now if I can just start working on the house stuff I've been pinning, I might actually get something lasting accomplished :)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Julie!! I can't wait to see your skirt. Every time I actually try something I pinned I comment on the pin so I can let myself know if it worked or how to change it for next time. Good luck finishing more :)

    ReplyDelete