"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Milk Man

Last Wednesday, I signed up for Winder Farms.

They deliver groceries to your door, just like the milk man!  When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was jump up and open the front door.  It was like Christmas morning :)  They give you a cooler, fill it with your order, and drop it off once a week.

Indy was scared...of course

I ordered a bunch of stuff for the first time because I got a discount for signing up.  I wanted to try out a few things to know for sure what I wanted to keep as a weekly order.  You rinse out the milk carton and put it in the cooler to be picked up during the next delivery.  They use local farmers and the baked goods come from Panera Bread Company.

Milk, butter, cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, cream cheese (I like cheese), oranges, eggs, orange juice, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, and a box of produce.

Here's the produce out of the box- oranges, limes, mangos, red bell peppers, ginger, garlic, red onions, white onions, cucumber, and fresh basil

They sent a LOT of ginger.  Maryn got on the computer and found some amazing recipes to use it up.  I'm totally excited!!! Two comments that came out of the recipe search: 1) "We can make the chocolate bread and make french toast with it!" (Maryn); 2) "Can we just eat dessert for every meal?" (Me)

New recipes to use up the ginger:
- Ginger flank steak with wasabi smashed potatoes
- Thai style ginger lime dressing
- Pineapple ginger barbecue sauce
- Pad thai
- Oven roasted cauliflower with tumeric and ginger
- Chocolate bread
- Summer ginger cake

That's why we're roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment