"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Sunday, December 11, 2011

What I've Been Up To

So much!

September, October, and November were busy and now it's the middle of December!

Let me see what I remember . . . I did my cousin's wedding day luncheon, Zoe was born, I had a Halloween party, hosted Maryn's birthday party, went to Disneyland, I had a birthday, Thanksgiving, and now Christmas is 2 weeks away!

I took pictures of everything, but they might be out of order a bit now...

I bleached this shirt for my brother's birthday.  It's a direct quote from him, "I'm always at least two steps ahead."
 


    
I made this recipe book for my mom's birthday.  It has extra info and note pages in the back.  The list picture is the wrapping that I did.  I cut up and weaved old magazine pages together.
   



I made this for my brother and sister-in-law's anniversary. I bought the pillows, took a picture of Katie's head and then a picture of Jesse's head.  Then I printed each picture, cut out just the hair, traced it onto an old pair of jeans, cut it out, and stitched them onto the pillows.  It turned out pretty cute for having limited sewing skills!   



   
These are some pictures from my cousin's wedding day luncheon. I just ordered sandwiches from Port-of-Subs and made some salads and brownies, but the decorations were pretty cute thanks to Martha Stewart and the blogging world. I wish I was better at keeping track of where I get everything so I could give credit.
   
I made this tutu for Zoe's baby shower

ZOE! September 27

I made this wreath for the door at school.  Everyone's pretty impressed.  I just hot glues crayons to  an embroidery hoop and wove some ribbon.  It's great for school!



I made this tutu for Bubbles (Carrie's chihuahua) so she could be a fairy for Halloween.


And now for the Little Mermaid Birthday Party.  The decorations were so fun that we had to dress up :)

Ariel's Grotto with all of her hoarded items, including her Eric Statue.

The grotto in position under the mantel with seaweed for effect (Dad's idea, Mom's execution)


View from the front door. Thanks to Dad for helping me get the waves in place.  Thanks to Mom for helping me get the seaweed, fish, and mermaid decorations in place.
Our pictures of Eric.  They've become a permanent fixture!
Part of your...WORLD!!! (Imagine a huge splash fanning out behind Maryn)



And then we woke up at 4:00 in the morning and drove to Disneyland to be irresponsible (but within responsible limits - we are 30)
This is Day 2. We were T I R E D ! ! !
Responsibly Irresponsible - going on a ride that will make Angie puke, but doing it before she has food from the day to make her puke - even though she got close :)
Responsibly irresponsible - playing on the rails, but only when the line isn't moving



And then it was time to decorate for Thanksgiving...
I got these giant pumpkins a few days before for only $5 each!

Next Thanksgiving I'm hoping to have these pumpkins covered in glitter!

After dinner, we sang happy birthday to me and opened presents. I totally got what I wanted!


And now the Christmas decorations:









I think I might actually be up to date!!!

It's been crazy fun, but I'm almost ready for a few party free months.



1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Julie! I love the crayon wreath and the decorations for Maryn's party. So cool! The kids are so excited for the BFF party :)

    ReplyDelete