"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Got What I Wanted

I moved into a new ward in February.  Since before I moved, I've been wondering what calling I would get.  Of course I got a Visiting Teaching route right away.  It came with a rockin' partner who kicked my butt into gear.  I love it when that happens!

Today I had a meeting with a member of the bishopric and left the meeting with a calling in primary!

I've been secretly wishing for a calling in primary.  It's hard for me to pay attention.  It's not that I don't listen, I just usually need to be doing more than one thing at a time, especially if I'm just sitting around for three hours.  Primary keeps the blood pumping and works to entertain you.  Yes, please!  I'll be teaching the 6 year-olds :)

It's funny, but each time that I'm called to the primary, the bishopric member always asks if I'm OK with that because I teach at an elementary school and a calling in primary would mean working with children 6 days a week.  I always feel that it validates my chosen profession.  If the lord sees fit to call me to primary, then it proves to me that I chose wisely.

I've always wanted to be a mom.  That's why I went into elementary education to begin with.  I wanted to know the best way to teach children and if I needed to work, then I would be near to and on the same schedule as my own children.  It hasn't happened yet, so I guess I'll have to persevere by borrowing other peoples' kids for a few hours a day.

Thanks folks!  Your children are amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment