"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Friday, July 8, 2011

Following Inspiration

The Spirit seems to speak to me most when I'm waking up.  It must be the only time that I'm quiet enough to listen, but it is fun to wake up with a burst of inspiration for the day.  

Inspiration for the day: If you had followed through with your plans last summer, you would be healthier and richer.

I like to make plans and organize schedules.  I know.  It's weird :)  I spend a lot of time planning my weight loss and exercise schedules.  According to these schedules, it would take me ONE WHOLE YEAR to lose the weight that I want to loose.  It always seems so daunting and distant that after a couple of weeks, I loose steam. When I make these plans, it's usually random days and I never really have that moment of "this time last year".

Today, though, marks one year of monthly doctor visits and prescriptions.

I am no healthier.  I am a homeowner now, but that just means that I've eliminated my savings and added $140,000 to my debt.

I don't want to go one more year like this.

Last summer, my mom had just recovered from a heart attack and a stroke.  This summer, my dad is recovering from a blood clot.  Both of my parents and many extended family members are type 2 diabetics.  Most of my mom's family has heart disease.

My family history doesn't allow for me to be lazy any longer.

This blog will be a history of my year of perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment