"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dads

I met with the Bishop in my ward this afternoon.  We filled out paperwork for me to fill a service mission for the church!  I'm so excited :)  I've thought about doing this for awhile.  Yay!

While we were talking, he said, "First and foremost, God is a dad."

I know that God is our Heavenly Father.  I've always known that.  But saying the word "dad" brought such a spirit of peace and comfort.  "dad" has a much more personal connection for me than "father".  It's amazing how something I've known for so long can become so much more meaningful to me by the mention of one every day word used in a new context.  Even now, reflecting on the conversation, I can feel a burning in my heart confirming that all of the kind and nurturing feelings that I associate with a dad (and specifically my own father) is the way my Father in Heaven feels for me and everyone around me.

Thank you Bishop.

No comments:

Post a Comment