"Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves."
- Winston Churchill

Monday, September 5, 2011

Birthday Card

I've been trying to be more fiscally responsible lately.  I'm trying to make anything that could be purchased and thanks to blogger land, I'm getting some good ideas :)

It's my friend's mom's birthday tomorrow and we're meeting for dinner.  Instead of buying a card, I got to make one.

I just happened on to this card idea today!  Perfect timing!!!

Here are the pictures:
The finished project
Open card side 1
- Pay no attention to the mess in the background :)
Open card side 2 
I loved the card but I felt like I couldn't just hand it to her.  I needed an envelope.  Enter You Tube.  I found an envelope tutorial for any size card and a flat tissue paper flower for a little something extra.  I used tissue paper for the envelope and the flower because I have an obsession with tissue paper.

The beginning of the flower for the front of the envelope.
The finished flower attached to the envelope.
I wish that I had thought through to the end of the flower better.
I wish that the Happy Birthday print on the paper was easier to see.
The created envelope with flower (all propped up for a picture).
Below are the sites that I used as inspiration:
CARD TUTORIAL
ENVELOPE TUTORIAL
FLOWER TUTORIAL

I hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment